Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Over the past few years, the fashion world has seen a mirage of different decades from the past resurface. The 1990's are having an ultimate comeback this Summer with Birkenstocks, overalls, and crop tops making major appearances. However there is a footwear statement from the 1970s (and even early '90s) that has taken the fashion world by storm - clogs! Not going to lie, I owned a pair in middle school and I am about ready to purchase another this season. They used to only come in a handful of colors and styles. However, these days, it seems that every fashion house is going after the trend in a plethora of colors, patterns, silhouettes and heights. Check out my nine favorite styles. I've got my eyes on the polka dot beauties. What about you?
1. Janie Open Toe Clog Sandals, Ugg $140
2. Kay Genuine Sheepskin Lined Clog, Ugg $99.97 (on sale)
3. Navy Patent Clogs, Cape Clog $104.95
4. Pippi Red Closed Toe, Cape Clog $124.95
5. Dekalb Clogs, Rachel Comey $270.91 (on sale)
6. Cheetah Sandal, Cape Clog $154.95
7. Wood Nubuck Clog, Choclat Blu $59.50 (on sale)
8. Dubutant cross strap sandals, Swedish Hasbeens $110.54
9. Old School Nubuck Clog, No. 6 Store $130 (on sale)
Monday, July 18, 2016
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
As temperatures continue to rise, my newest obsession takes my love for donuts, chocolate covered pretzels, and Americana Ice Pops to a whole new level. Inflatable pool floats are the biggest trend this Summer - taking backyards and pools by storm. Even though I may be lacking in the backyard pool department, I am ready to join in on the fun. The squad and I are headed to the Hudson Valley in a few short weeks and I can't wait to pick up a couple fabulous floats for our Airbnb. The trouble I find, is that I want them ALL. Any help in narrowing down would be greatly appreciated. Go!
Popcorn, Gift Boutique $33
Watermelon, Wembley $19.99 (on sale)
Pizza, Swimline Corp $43
Shark, Wembley $19.99 (on sale)
Ice Cream Sandwich, BigMouth Inc $26.99 (on sale)
Flip Flop, Blue Wave $20.99 (on sale)
Donut, BigMouth Inc $15
Tootsie Roll, BigMouth Inc $15
Americana Ice Pop, Wembley $19.99 (on sale)
Chocolate Covered Pretzel, Wembley $19.99 (on sale)
Monday, July 11, 2016
I first raved about The 1975 back in 2013, their French pop sound had similarities to some of my favorite synth-induced artists like College and The Phoenix. Since dropping their debut album over three years ago, the band has been continuing to craft their unique sound. "Somebody Else" from their sophomoric album brings distinction, an iconic flare and an effervescent polish of early 1980's pop. Take a listen for yourself below and you will be boppin' your head in no time.
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
"We all get dressed for Bill," Vogue editor Anna Wintour once said.
This past Sunday, the fashion world lost a legend - Bill Cunningham. When Bibi told me the news, I was in shock and just so sad. In my head, the infamous New York Times fashion photographer would live forever. After all, the daily cyclist, spent decades documenting fashion from New York City streets. However, we bid farewell this past weekend to a remarkable man.
Over his lifetime, he had some incredible and inspiring quotes. I am sharing my favorites below. Which one of these resonates with you the most?
1. The best fashion show is definitely on the street. Always has been, and always will be.
2. He who seeks beauty, shall find it.
3. Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life.
4. A lot of people have taste, but they're not daring enough to be creative.
5. I don't pay attention to celebrities. I don't photograph them. They don't dress so..interestingly. They have stylists. I prefer real women who have their own taste.
6. I don't work, I only know how to have fun every day.
7. Money is the cheapeast thing. Freedom is the most expensive thing.
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
With Summer in full swing this week (starting yesterday), I thought I'd take a stab at my plans for the next few months. Similar to the post I did for Spring, here is my Summer to do list. It's chocked full of exciting activities and adventures. I can't wait to cross them all off my list. What are your Summer plans in 2016?
- Movie in Bryant Park. I haven't seen a movie in Bryant Park since my early days of living in NYC. It is a FREE and FUN activity that should not go missed. Check out the movie line-up this Summer brought to everyone by HBO. Who's down for seeing "The Omen" on July 18th?
- Concert in Prospect Park. Another freebie activity is setting up a picnic blanket and heading over to Prospect Park to "celebrate Brooklyn" with a free concert in Prospect Park. I'm hoping to catch Josh Ritter on July 8th. Check out the other artists taking the stage in the next couple of months.
- Find a new workout class. Every since my recent running injury, I've vowed to take better care of my health and look into exercises that are non-running induced. This is a HUGE challenge for me, but I determined to find a solution. I am totally open for suggestions. What are some workout classes that you enjoy?
- Score tickets to Biebs concert. Last Summer, I saw T. Swift in concert and it was absolutely everything. I'm looking at you this Summer Bieber because I simply can't get enough of the Purpose album. You know you want to sing a long to "Sorry" with 18,00 other people at MSG. Who's with me?
- Squad Night Out On The Town. I would love to get dressed up, head to a fancy dinner, and end with a dance party one night this Summer. There are a handful of restaurants that I have yet to try on the UWS and I think this would be the perfect occasion.